Most common 800 transaction codes:
- This transaction set can be used to provide for customary and established business and industry practice relative to the billing for goods and services provided.
- Benefit: Speeds up payment and eliminates steps.
850 Purchase Order
- The transaction set can be used to provide for customary and established business and industry practice relative to the placement of purchase orders for goods and services. This transaction set should not be used to convey purchase order changes or purchase order acknowledgment information.
- Benefit: Faster fulfillment due to the elimination of vendor data entry time.
855 Purchase Order Acknowledgment
- The transaction set can be used to provide for customary and established business and industry practice relative to a seller’s acknowledgment of a buyer’s purchase order. This transaction set can also be used as notification of a vendor-generated order. This usage advises a buyer that a vendor has or will ship merchandise as prearranged in their partnership.
- Outbound Benefit: The customer is more likely to buy knowing they will receive the correct quantity on time.
- Inbound Benefit: Knowing promptly about short/late shipments allows time to demand better performance or find another vendor.
856 Advance Shipment Notice (ASN)
- The transaction set can be used to list the contents of a shipment of goods as well as additional information relating to the shipment, such as order information, product description, physical characteristics, type of packaging, marking, carrier information, and configuration of goods within the transportation equipment. The transaction set enables the sender to describe the contents and configuration of a shipment in various levels of detail and provides an ordered flexibility to convey information. The sender of this transaction is the organization responsible for detailing and communicating the contents of a shipment, or shipments, to one or more receivers of the transaction set. The receiver of this transaction set can be any organization having an interest in the contents of a shipment or information about the contents of a shipment.
- Outbound Benefit: It confirms receipt of merchandise and authorizes payment, alerts the customer’s shipping dock of incoming shipment, and eliminates manual data entry.
- Inbound Benefit: Alerts the receiving dock that goods are coming, confirms that the promise made in the PO acknowledgment (855) is kept.
812 Credit/Debit Adjustment
- The transaction set can be used to display a deduction, chargeback, or credit to a payment remittance (EDI 820) made by a retailer, wholesaler, or distributor. These transactions will contain information about the purchase order, the item(s) affected, and the amount of the adjustment, with a reason code for the credit or debit.
- Benefits: Replaces a paper memo requiring manual adjustments to payment.
894 Delivery/Return Base Record
- The transaction set can be used to enable a Direct Store Delivery (DSD) vendor to communicate the details of a DSD delivery and is to be used during the check-in procedure.
Related Reading: EDI 900 Transaction Codes
Supply Chain 800 Transaction Codes
Commission Sales Report
Planning Schedule w/ Release Capability
Request for Quotation
Response to Request for Quotation
Price Authorization Acknowledgment/Status
Material Safety Data Sheet
Product Activity Data
Routing and Carrier Instruction
Advance Ship Notice/Manifest
Shipment and Billing Notice
Purchase Order Change Request – Buyer Initiated
Receiving Advice/Acceptance Certificate
Report of Test Results
Purchase Order Change Acknowledgment/Request – Seller Initiated
Product Transfer and Resale Report
Order Status Inquiry
Order Status Report
Commodity Movement Services
Commodity Movement Services Response
Grocery Products Purchase Order
Grocery Products Purchase Order Change
Manufacturer Coupon Family Code Structure
Manufacturer Coupon Redemption Detail
Direct Store Delivery Summary Information
Market Development Fund Allocation
Related Reading: 200 Transaction Codes
Accounting 800 Transaction Codes
Payment Order/Order Remittance Advice
Purchase Order Acknowledgment
Grocery Purchase Order
Grocery Products Invoice
Transportation 800 Transaction Codes
Shipment Delivery Discrepancy Info
New to EDI? Check out What is EDI (Electronic Data Interchange)?